Enjoy A Girls Night Out!!!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Art of Layering: Eyeshadow Bases 101


So many of you have asked me about my latest obsession with eyeshadow bases that I thought I would write a little something to address this. Lately I have found that layering my shadow has been the best thing not only for color payoff but also for blending purposes also. I do a 2 step base before I actually apply my lid & crease color, because as many of you know most eyeshadow primers are sticky and makes the shadow hard to blend. I've found a way to fight this by adding cream shadow before my actual shadow, it's makes it 10 times easier to blend and brings out the color of the shadow depending on what color base you use. Check out the video below for more information and links to purchase my fav bases....
And look for this technique in my upcoming tutorials.....
To purchase the Avon cream shadow stick visit my favorite Avon Chick





This is so you can compare the two applications next to each other, the bottom with the cream shadow added has a bit more sheen to it while keeping its original color.

This is the same navy blue shadow with three different applications, the first (on your left) is just plain shadow applied with a brush, the second (center) is shadow base first then the shadow, last (on your right) is shadow base, then cream base in Totally Turquoise, and finally the navy shadow.
As you can see with the finished product there is a bit of a sheen and the colors blend beautifully


My final thoughts are that from now on when I need that little bit extra from my shadows I will definitely be using my 3 steps to a beautiful eye....Until next time B Beautiful!!